BJP was on the same page with Centre on Ordinance: Kamal Nath
Jabalpur: Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath on Tuesday accused the BJP of doing a somersault on the issue of Ordinance on convicted lawmakers.
"In the all-party meeting to discuss the Ordinance, the BJP was with the government, but all of a sudden it changed its stance on the issue.
"BJP is always known for its dual politics on such issues," Nath said, adding, that the Union Cabinet in its meeting tomorrow will decide on the Ordinance issue.
The Ordinance, cleared earlier by the Cabinet in the wake of the Supreme Court verdict prescribing immediate disqualification of lawmakers after conviction in criminal case, was recently denounced by Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi.
Taking a dig at Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Nath said, "The last ten years of BJP rule in MP will go down in history as of tall announcements and laying foundation stones without bringing any development on ground".
The Union Minister also accused Chouhan of taking undue credit of the welfare schemes launched by Centre.
"... Rampant corruption is taking place in Madhya Pradesh and bribe has become a norm in all government offices," Nath alleged.
Union Minister of State for Power (independent charge) Jyotriaditya Scindia said the BJP rule has pushed Madhya Pradesh backward in many areas like education, health and electrification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far
- West Bengal renamed as 'Bangla' in Bengali, 'Bengal' in English; state assembly passes resolution