BJP wave will sweep UP in Lok Sabha polls: Amit Shah
Kanpur: The BJP wave will wipe out Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party in Uttar Pradesh in next year`s Lok Sabha polls and the party will grab maximum seats in the elections, its leader and UP in-charge Amit Shah on Thursday said.
Talking to reporters here, Shah said he has come to Kanpur to review preparations of the rally of BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi in the city on October 19.
He claimed that a wave in favour of BJP was sweeping the state as the announcement of Modi`s candidature has "infused a fresh energy` among the people.
Party sources said Shah, in a meeting with local leaders, explored the possibilities to decide on the prospective BJP candidate from Kanpur.
In Allahabad yesterday, Shah had launched an attack on Congress, terming it as a party without leadership.
"Who will be the Congress (PM) candidate? They won`t make `Pappu` their candidate. They won`t field Manmohan Singh either. Then how will a party without leadership will lead the country," Shah had said, without taking any name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan