BJP wave will sweep UP in Lok Sabha polls: Amit Shah
Kanpur: The BJP wave will wipe out Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party in Uttar Pradesh in next year`s Lok Sabha polls and the party will grab maximum seats in the elections, its leader and UP in-charge Amit Shah on Thursday said.
Talking to reporters here, Shah said he has come to Kanpur to review preparations of the rally of BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi in the city on October 19.
He claimed that a wave in favour of BJP was sweeping the state as the announcement of Modi`s candidature has "infused a fresh energy` among the people.
Party sources said Shah, in a meeting with local leaders, explored the possibilities to decide on the prospective BJP candidate from Kanpur.
In Allahabad yesterday, Shah had launched an attack on Congress, terming it as a party without leadership.
"Who will be the Congress (PM) candidate? They won`t make `Pappu` their candidate. They won`t field Manmohan Singh either. Then how will a party without leadership will lead the country," Shah had said, without taking any name.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata