BJP welcomes poll schedule announcement
New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday welcomed the announcement of the schedule for the Lok Sabha polls and said people wanted a change of government.
Bharatiya Janata Party leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said there was a rise of about 10 crore voters - which comprise mostly the youth - compared to the 2009 general elections.
"They are also restless for change," he said.
Prasad said unemployment, price rise and corruption were among the major issues for the BJP in the polls.
He also said other parties were "afraid of the popularity" of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and will seek "to play the communal card".
"We will go to the polls with the agenda of development-oriented India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city