BJP welcomes poll schedule announcement
New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday welcomed the announcement of the schedule for the Lok Sabha polls and said people wanted a change of government.
Bharatiya Janata Party leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said there was a rise of about 10 crore voters - which comprise mostly the youth - compared to the 2009 general elections.
"They are also restless for change," he said.
Prasad said unemployment, price rise and corruption were among the major issues for the BJP in the polls.
He also said other parties were "afraid of the popularity" of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and will seek "to play the communal card".
"We will go to the polls with the agenda of development-oriented India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Muslims cannot use cow urine products, rules Darul Uloom
- Bus falls into ditch in Bihar's Nawada, 28 injured
- Pullela Gopichand is good, but we will find a better coach for PV Sindhu: Telangana deputy CM Mohammed Mahmood Ali
- Didn't have any confidence before 'Kick': Jacqueline Fernandez
- Oil Tankers Association calls off strike in Jammu ?