BJP welcomes poll schedule announcement
New Delhi: The BJP on Wednesday welcomed the announcement of the schedule for the Lok Sabha polls and said people wanted a change of government.
Bharatiya Janata Party leader Ravi Shankar Prasad said there was a rise of about 10 crore voters - which comprise mostly the youth - compared to the 2009 general elections.
"They are also restless for change," he said.
Prasad said unemployment, price rise and corruption were among the major issues for the BJP in the polls.
He also said other parties were "afraid of the popularity" of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and will seek "to play the communal card".
"We will go to the polls with the agenda of development-oriented India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police