BJP welcomes US delegation`s meeting with Narendra Modi
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday welcomed the meeting of US Congressmen with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and their open appreciation of his achievements in the field of good governance.
"It is a matter of great assurance that even senior US Congressmen are now openly appreciating the good work of all- round development under Narendra Modi in Gujarat. After the European Union and Great Britain, now even American political leaders are lauding his work," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told a news agency.
An 18-member delegation, led by Republican Congressmen from Illinois Aaron Schock, today met Modi at his official residence in Gandhinagar around noon. They held over an hour-long closed-door meeting with him and high-ranking state officials.
The delegation will be arriving in Delhi next week and is likely to meet Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley in Parliament House on April 2.
During the interaction with Modi today, Schock pointed out that the people in US were keen to work with Gujarat and that they were impressed by the way the state has facilitated investment. Schock reportedly told Modi that there was enormous potential to work together with Gujarat.
"Modi`s record of good governance speaks for itself and it is a strong rebuff to those who have unleashed a systematic campaign of hatred against him in a motivated manner," Prasad said.
Modi had been denied visa by the US following the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog