BJP welcomes Virbhadra`s resignation, hopes PM gets message
New Delhi: Welcoming Union Minister Virbhadra Singh`s resignation, BJP on Tuesday maintained it had come under public pressure and suggested that the Prime Minister take action against "corrupt" ministers instead of waiting for charges to be framed against them.
"Virbhadra Singh has handed over his resignation to the Prime Minister today. It is true that there was an FIR and a pending court case against him for a long time. No doubt, since yesterday there was a lot of public pressure on him to resign. Better late than never but he has resigned," BJP spokesperson Jagat Prakash Nadda said.
The BJP, however, is not satisfied with Singh`s resignation and demands that action be taken against other ministers who are facing graft charges, he said.
"There are several other ministers in the UPA government who are facing serious allegations of corruption. Situation has come to such a point where one minister is levelling charges against another for the same case and holding him responsible for the corruption," Nadda said.
The BJP spokesperson was making an apparent reference to former Telecom Minister A Raja`s contention that then Finance Minister P Chidambaram was in the know of the process being followed in 2G spectrum allocation.
"In such a scenario, will Prime Minister Manmohan Singh learn lessons? And secondly, will he wait for charges to be framed against other ministers before action is taken?" Nadda said.
"PM, though very, very late, should take action against such ministers....There is corruption from top to bottom in the UPA government. Hence, he should take action as soon as possible against all ministers on whom serious charges have been levelled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth