BJP will announce prime ministerial candidate: Naidu
Hyderabad: The BJP would announce its prime ministerial candidate ahead of the 2014 general elections after due discussions, senior party leader M Venkaiah Naidu said on Thursday.
"We will announce at the time of polls who is the prime ministerial candidate. Congress, which is in power, itself has not announced. Today, the situation is such that we have to say who is the leader. People see who the leader is... the party will decide," he told reporters here.
Noting a `third alternative` cannot emerge in the country, he said BJP-led NDA is the only alternative to UPA.
"The Communists who usually talk about Third Front, they are also not talking about it these days," he said.
The string of losses suffered by Congress in the assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh and other states, the local body polls in Mumbai and Thane in Maharashtra, and now in Delhi reflect the public anger against the ruling party, Naidu claimed.
"The minorities are said to be pro-Congress. But the results in Goa and now in Delhi show that they are moving away from Congress. In fact, Congress has lost the confidence of all sections of people in the country," he said.
Naidu alleged the main reasons for the disenchantment against Congress are the "massive corruption, the mis- governance in the form of faulty policies and harassment of non-Congress ruled states and its failure to check price rise which has broken the back of common man".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand