BJP will bring anti-conversion law if it comes to power: Naidu
Visakhapatnam: Former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday said his party would bring an anti-conversion law if it comes to power at the Centre.
Addressing a gathering here, he said BJP is totally opposed to conversions and the country would only be safe when Hindus are in a majority.
Claiming that BJP is the only national party in the country to protect the welfare of all sections of people, he charged the UPA government at the Centre and the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh had totally neglected the welfare of the poor and downtrodden.
Naidu alleged people had lost faith in Congress governments as BJP-ruled states like Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh and others did well, with all people including minorities, in these states leading a comfortable life.
He said BJP would take stern action against terrorism and cancel the autonomous status to Jammu and Kashmir if it came to power after the next general elections.
He said people wanted BJP rule at the Centre as they experienced development during NDA rule headed by Atal Behari Vajpayee.
People are tired of UPA govenrment`s "anti-people, anti-worker and anti-farmer" policies and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had totally failed to control rising prices of all commodities, Naidu charged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price