BJP will bring anti-conversion law if it comes to power: Naidu
Visakhapatnam: Former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday said his party would bring an anti-conversion law if it comes to power at the Centre.
Addressing a gathering here, he said BJP is totally opposed to conversions and the country would only be safe when Hindus are in a majority.
Claiming that BJP is the only national party in the country to protect the welfare of all sections of people, he charged the UPA government at the Centre and the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh had totally neglected the welfare of the poor and downtrodden.
Naidu alleged people had lost faith in Congress governments as BJP-ruled states like Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh and others did well, with all people including minorities, in these states leading a comfortable life.
He said BJP would take stern action against terrorism and cancel the autonomous status to Jammu and Kashmir if it came to power after the next general elections.
He said people wanted BJP rule at the Centre as they experienced development during NDA rule headed by Atal Behari Vajpayee.
People are tired of UPA govenrment`s "anti-people, anti-worker and anti-farmer" policies and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had totally failed to control rising prices of all commodities, Naidu charged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!