BJP will certainly hoist national flag at Lal Chowk: Naidu
Vijayawada: Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said that the party would definitely hoist the national flag at Lal Chowk in Srinagar on the Republic Day.
"Every citizen in this country has the right to hold and hoist the national flag," Naidu said talking to reporters here.
"It is unconstitutional to prevent hoisting of national flag," Naidu said, adding that the opposition to the proposed hoisting by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s statement backing Abdullah`s stand, were "shocking and against the spirit of nationalism and patriotism".
Abdullah had urged the BJP to desist from hoisting the flag in Lal Chowk, saying that if that led to any repercussions in the state, BJP would be responsible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’