BJP will certainly hoist national flag at Lal Chowk: Naidu
Vijayawada: Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said that the party would definitely hoist the national flag at Lal Chowk in Srinagar on the Republic Day.
"Every citizen in this country has the right to hold and hoist the national flag," Naidu said talking to reporters here.
"It is unconstitutional to prevent hoisting of national flag," Naidu said, adding that the opposition to the proposed hoisting by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s statement backing Abdullah`s stand, were "shocking and against the spirit of nationalism and patriotism".
Abdullah had urged the BJP to desist from hoisting the flag in Lal Chowk, saying that if that led to any repercussions in the state, BJP would be responsible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!