BJP will come back to power in Gujarat, HP: Rajnath
Sonepat (Haryana): BJP leader Rajnath Singh on Friday expressed confidence that his party will come back to power in the poll-bound states of Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat.
Opposing FDI in multi-brand retail, Rajnath termed the decision as "anti-people", and claimed that the move will "ruin" futures of country`s farmers.
"Congress seems more concerned for foreign companies. It is totally indifferent to the large number of youths in the country who are suffering due to unemployment," he said here, asking people to oppose the FDI decision.
Rajnath, who was here to attend condolence meet of late former party MP Kishan Singh Sangwan, termed party`s alliance with the Haryana Janhit Congress as strong, and claimed it will come to power in Haryana in next elections.
Terming Sangwan`s death as an irreparable loss to the party, Rajnath described him as a politician who always fought for the marginalised sections of the society.
Speaking on the occasion, Party leader Venkaiah Naidu called for carrying forward Sangwan`s message and ideology.
Sangwan`s son Pradeep said he will carry forward his father`s message and complete his unfulfilled tasks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says