BJP will ‘corner’ Congress in Parliament on Shinde remarks: Naidu
Mumbai: Bharatiya Janata Party on Thursday said it will "corner" Congress during the next Parliament session over the statement made by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde that RSS-BJP were promoting "Hindu terrorism."
Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu, who launched a demonstration against the statement made by Shinde before courting arrest with hundreds of party cadres here, clarified that the fight was not personal.
"Action should be taken against the terrorists," he added.
"BJP will corner Congress in Parliament. Congress has been misusing CBI, office of the Governors, Income Tax department and now they are misusing the Home Ministry," Naidu, who is in-charge of the party in Maharashtra, told reporters here.
Alleging that Shinde could not make such statements without the knowledge of AICC chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Naidu said, "Sweeping statement by Shinde on terrorism is to divert attention from major problems facing the country. Terrorism has no colour," he asserted.
"Why Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Singh are silent on the issue? It means they are endorsing him," he further alleged.
The former BJP president also said that they will "teach a lesson to Congress by defeating them in 2014 general elections."
"Because of opportunistic policy, this (Congress) is a party that promoted Bhindranwale in the past," the BJP leader alleged.
Terror outfits like Laskar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) have welcomed the statement made by Shinde, Naidu quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing