BJP will ‘corner’ Congress in Parliament on Shinde remarks: Naidu
Mumbai: Bharatiya Janata Party on Thursday said it will "corner" Congress during the next Parliament session over the statement made by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde that RSS-BJP were promoting "Hindu terrorism."
Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu, who launched a demonstration against the statement made by Shinde before courting arrest with hundreds of party cadres here, clarified that the fight was not personal.
"Action should be taken against the terrorists," he added.
"BJP will corner Congress in Parliament. Congress has been misusing CBI, office of the Governors, Income Tax department and now they are misusing the Home Ministry," Naidu, who is in-charge of the party in Maharashtra, told reporters here.
Alleging that Shinde could not make such statements without the knowledge of AICC chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Naidu said, "Sweeping statement by Shinde on terrorism is to divert attention from major problems facing the country. Terrorism has no colour," he asserted.
"Why Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Singh are silent on the issue? It means they are endorsing him," he further alleged.
The former BJP president also said that they will "teach a lesson to Congress by defeating them in 2014 general elections."
"Because of opportunistic policy, this (Congress) is a party that promoted Bhindranwale in the past," the BJP leader alleged.
Terror outfits like Laskar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) have welcomed the statement made by Shinde, Naidu quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!