BJP will decide its PM nominee: Praveen Togadia
Patna: Vishwa Hindu Parishad National President Praveen Togadia on Saturday said that the BJP will choose its Prime Ministerial candidate after next elections and VHP has no role in it.
"BJP will decide who will be its candidate for the Prime Ministerial post...VHP will not make public comments on the subject," Togadia told reporters after a VHP function here.
Asked if the Dharam Sansad during Kumbh at Allahabad recently discussed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s name for the PM`s post, the VHP President replied "the sansad only discussed about construction of a Ram temple and no other issue.
"The sansad adopted a resolution to construct Ram temple at Ayodhya," he said.
He said that people would pray from April 11 to May 13 for the construction of the temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials