BJP will decide its PM nominee: Praveen Togadia
Patna: Vishwa Hindu Parishad National President Praveen Togadia on Saturday said that the BJP will choose its Prime Ministerial candidate after next elections and VHP has no role in it.
"BJP will decide who will be its candidate for the Prime Ministerial post...VHP will not make public comments on the subject," Togadia told reporters after a VHP function here.
Asked if the Dharam Sansad during Kumbh at Allahabad recently discussed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s name for the PM`s post, the VHP President replied "the sansad only discussed about construction of a Ram temple and no other issue.
"The sansad adopted a resolution to construct Ram temple at Ayodhya," he said.
He said that people would pray from April 11 to May 13 for the construction of the temple.
- Sanjay Dutt rejects speculation on joining BJP, says 'attended the event for my friend'
- WATCH: Despite crushing defeat, Virat Kohli shows ultimate sign of sporting spirit
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- Now get health tips on Facebook Messenger with Lybrate's chatbot!
- Icra sees deposit growth inching up to 10-11% in FY17