BJP will decide its PM nominee: Praveen Togadia
Patna: Vishwa Hindu Parishad National President Praveen Togadia on Saturday said that the BJP will choose its Prime Ministerial candidate after next elections and VHP has no role in it.
"BJP will decide who will be its candidate for the Prime Ministerial post...VHP will not make public comments on the subject," Togadia told reporters after a VHP function here.
Asked if the Dharam Sansad during Kumbh at Allahabad recently discussed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s name for the PM`s post, the VHP President replied "the sansad only discussed about construction of a Ram temple and no other issue.
"The sansad adopted a resolution to construct Ram temple at Ayodhya," he said.
He said that people would pray from April 11 to May 13 for the construction of the temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre