BJP will instigate communal riots in Congress states: Digvijay
Bangalore: AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday alleged that BJP would instigate communal riots in Congress-ruled states ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections as the opposition party feels that it cannot win without "communalising" the polls.
Addressing the general body meeting of the Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee here, the senior Congress leader claimed that BJP now feels that it cannot win the polls without communalising it.
"They (the BJP) would be instigating communal riots in Congress-ruled states," Singh, in-charge of Congress affairs in Karnataka, alleged.
He added that BJP would also "communalise" the "body politic" in states not governed by it.
Whenever BJP feels that it is losing people`s support, it foments communal violence so that it can level allegations against the Congress and party-ruled governments, he alleged.
"We have to be very, very careful and keep an eye on these people," he said.
Singh advised Chief Minister Siddaramaiah to keep Sangh pariwar outfits on a tight leash.
Claiming that the Sangh operates through more than 150 different organisations, he said they have to be kept under strict watch, adding that there should also be strict control over "communal elements so that they don`t spread the ideology of communal violence and hatred."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh