BJP will instigate communal riots in Congress states: Digvijay
Bangalore: AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday alleged that BJP would instigate communal riots in Congress-ruled states ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections as the opposition party feels that it cannot win without "communalising" the polls.
Addressing the general body meeting of the Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee here, the senior Congress leader claimed that BJP now feels that it cannot win the polls without communalising it.
"They (the BJP) would be instigating communal riots in Congress-ruled states," Singh, in-charge of Congress affairs in Karnataka, alleged.
He added that BJP would also "communalise" the "body politic" in states not governed by it.
Whenever BJP feels that it is losing people`s support, it foments communal violence so that it can level allegations against the Congress and party-ruled governments, he alleged.
"We have to be very, very careful and keep an eye on these people," he said.
Singh advised Chief Minister Siddaramaiah to keep Sangh pariwar outfits on a tight leash.
Claiming that the Sangh operates through more than 150 different organisations, he said they have to be kept under strict watch, adding that there should also be strict control over "communal elements so that they don`t spread the ideology of communal violence and hatred."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam