BJP will not accept budget: Yashwant Sinha
Mumbai: BJP is all set to seize Parliament
on April 21, as the UPA government has miserably failed to
control the inflation and price rise of essential commodities,
a top senior BJP leader said on Tuesday.
"We will not accept the budget presented by Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee and there will be big showdown as
BJP will seize the Parliament on April 21," former Union
Finance Minister Yashwant Sinha said, while analysing the
budget here today.
"We have resolved until the price rise is not rolled
back, we will fight it with tooth and nail in the Parliament
and also on streets," Sinha who was the Finance Minister in
the Chandrashekhar government and also in A B Vajpayee`s
Every sector of economy is going to be impacted by the
price rise as cement and steel manufacturers have already
hiked the prices, he said.
The challenges before the Finance Minister were to
control price rise, inflation and to take the Indian economy
to a high growth strategy, but the Manmohan Singh-led
government has miserably failed, Sinha said.
Had the Congress-led UPA government concerned with the
`Aam Admi` (Congress` slogan) then they would have controlled
the price rise, he said.
Highlighting the main cause of the government`s
failure to control the price rise, Sinha said, "mismanagement
and corruption are the main cause of price rise and the
Manmohoan Singh government has failed to tackle it".
There are enough foodgrain stock, if the government
releases the commodity prices will come down. However the
government is not doing so as it has vested interest, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill