BJP will not accept budget: Yashwant Sinha
Mumbai: BJP is all set to seize Parliament
on April 21, as the UPA government has miserably failed to
control the inflation and price rise of essential commodities,
a top senior BJP leader said on Tuesday.
"We will not accept the budget presented by Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee and there will be big showdown as
BJP will seize the Parliament on April 21," former Union
Finance Minister Yashwant Sinha said, while analysing the
budget here today.
"We have resolved until the price rise is not rolled
back, we will fight it with tooth and nail in the Parliament
and also on streets," Sinha who was the Finance Minister in
the Chandrashekhar government and also in A B Vajpayee`s
Every sector of economy is going to be impacted by the
price rise as cement and steel manufacturers have already
hiked the prices, he said.
The challenges before the Finance Minister were to
control price rise, inflation and to take the Indian economy
to a high growth strategy, but the Manmohan Singh-led
government has miserably failed, Sinha said.
Had the Congress-led UPA government concerned with the
`Aam Admi` (Congress` slogan) then they would have controlled
the price rise, he said.
Highlighting the main cause of the government`s
failure to control the price rise, Sinha said, "mismanagement
and corruption are the main cause of price rise and the
Manmohoan Singh government has failed to tackle it".
There are enough foodgrain stock, if the government
releases the commodity prices will come down. However the
government is not doing so as it has vested interest, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP