BJP will not accept budget: Yashwant Sinha
Mumbai: BJP is all set to seize Parliament
on April 21, as the UPA government has miserably failed to
control the inflation and price rise of essential commodities,
a top senior BJP leader said on Tuesday.
"We will not accept the budget presented by Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee and there will be big showdown as
BJP will seize the Parliament on April 21," former Union
Finance Minister Yashwant Sinha said, while analysing the
budget here today.
"We have resolved until the price rise is not rolled
back, we will fight it with tooth and nail in the Parliament
and also on streets," Sinha who was the Finance Minister in
the Chandrashekhar government and also in A B Vajpayee`s
Every sector of economy is going to be impacted by the
price rise as cement and steel manufacturers have already
hiked the prices, he said.
The challenges before the Finance Minister were to
control price rise, inflation and to take the Indian economy
to a high growth strategy, but the Manmohan Singh-led
government has miserably failed, Sinha said.
Had the Congress-led UPA government concerned with the
`Aam Admi` (Congress` slogan) then they would have controlled
the price rise, he said.
Highlighting the main cause of the government`s
failure to control the price rise, Sinha said, "mismanagement
and corruption are the main cause of price rise and the
Manmohoan Singh government has failed to tackle it".
There are enough foodgrain stock, if the government
releases the commodity prices will come down. However the
government is not doing so as it has vested interest, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read