BJP will not allow Pakistani people into J&K: Gadkari
Jammu: Warning the Central government
against implementing the proposed surrender policy, the BJP
on Thursday said it would launch a country-wide agitation if the UPA
decides to bring back "those who have killed hundreds of
"I promise to the people of the country and Jammu that
BJP will support and back you. No one will dare to bring back
Pakistani people to Jammu and Kashmir. We will not allow this
to happen," Gadkari said at a public meeting here.
The Centre had earlier backed the proposal Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah, saying it was ready to "welcome" Kashmiris who
had gone to Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) if they were ready
to return after giving up militancy.
Gadkari questioned the proposal to bring back "those who
have killed hundreds of people and worked against the
"BJP will fight it in Parliament. It will launch an
agitation from Kashmir to Kanyakumari and fight them
everywhere. We will not allow Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh
to run the government if they went ahead with the policy of
bringing back terrorists from Pakistan," he said.
Lashing out at Omar Abdullah for mooting the surrender
policy, he said, "I compliment BJP leadership of Jammu and
Kashmir for protesting against Home Minister P Chidambaram
when he visited the state recently."
"Congress is adopting anti-national policies. They are
encouraging terrorism... Boycott them and isolate them. Let
them understand those who want to disintegrate the country are
isloted," Gadkari charged.
"Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister has mooted this and has
given a boost to separatists and militants... The situation in
Kashmir is boiling," the BJP leader said.
He also rubbished the autonomy demand and said the party
is fighting for total integration of the state with the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them