BJP will not stake claim to form govt if UPA falls: Rajnath
Bareilly: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Wednesday attacked BSP and Samajwadi Party for continuing their support to the "scamster" Congress-led UPA government and said his party will not stake claim to form a government in case both withdrew support to it.
"These parties say they are together as they want to check BJP from coming to power, but today BJP promises that it would not stake claim to form government in case BSP and Samajwadi Party withdraw support to the Central government," Singh said at "swabhiman rally" kicking off party`s electioneering for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Terming the UPA government at the Centre a "scamster", "with total scams worth Rs 5.50 lakh crores", Singh said that instead of waiving loans of farmers it was helping industrialists and capitalists and exhorted the people to uproot it in the coming elections.
The BJP president said that though the country is passing through a difficult phase, but BSP and SP continue to indulge in "casteist and communal politics".
Branding BSP, SP and Congress leaders as "unreliable" he asked the people to act maturely.
Alleging that non-BJP parties were doing "communal" politics, the BJP president claimed that "in the past four years 362 riots took place in UP claiming 65 lives".
"18 such incidents took place since the SP came to power but during the BJP government no such incident occurred," Singh said.
The BJP leader promised that on coming to power, his party would ensure loan at one per cent to farmers and labourers.
Switching to recent Chinese incursion, the BJP leader alleged that the country had got a "weak" Prime Minister.
"Because of a weak Prime Minister, incursions were on, but still, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid planned to go to China which was not right," he said.
Speaking at the rally, BJP national general secretary
Varun Gandhi alleged that whenever BSP and SP have come to power in UP, corruption and crime were at peak.
On SP government in UP, he said that distribution of laptops would not be of any help as there was a need for employment generation and industrialisation to bring the state back on development track.
Varun promised that on coming to power, his party would help provide Rs ten lakhs interest free loan to youth for setting up their units and a scheme for checking unemployment besides providing more opportunities to youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27