BJP will not stake claim to form govt if UPA falls: Rajnath
Bareilly: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Wednesday attacked BSP and Samajwadi Party for continuing their support to the "scamster" Congress-led UPA government and said his party will not stake claim to form a government in case both withdrew support to it.
"These parties say they are together as they want to check BJP from coming to power, but today BJP promises that it would not stake claim to form government in case BSP and Samajwadi Party withdraw support to the Central government," Singh said at "swabhiman rally" kicking off party`s electioneering for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Terming the UPA government at the Centre a "scamster", "with total scams worth Rs 5.50 lakh crores", Singh said that instead of waiving loans of farmers it was helping industrialists and capitalists and exhorted the people to uproot it in the coming elections.
The BJP president said that though the country is passing through a difficult phase, but BSP and SP continue to indulge in "casteist and communal politics".
Branding BSP, SP and Congress leaders as "unreliable" he asked the people to act maturely.
Alleging that non-BJP parties were doing "communal" politics, the BJP president claimed that "in the past four years 362 riots took place in UP claiming 65 lives".
"18 such incidents took place since the SP came to power but during the BJP government no such incident occurred," Singh said.
The BJP leader promised that on coming to power, his party would ensure loan at one per cent to farmers and labourers.
Switching to recent Chinese incursion, the BJP leader alleged that the country had got a "weak" Prime Minister.
"Because of a weak Prime Minister, incursions were on, but still, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid planned to go to China which was not right," he said.
Speaking at the rally, BJP national general secretary
Varun Gandhi alleged that whenever BSP and SP have come to power in UP, corruption and crime were at peak.
On SP government in UP, he said that distribution of laptops would not be of any help as there was a need for employment generation and industrialisation to bring the state back on development track.
Varun promised that on coming to power, his party would help provide Rs ten lakhs interest free loan to youth for setting up their units and a scheme for checking unemployment besides providing more opportunities to youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia