`BJP will raise FDI in retail issue in Budget session`
New Delhi: BJP will not let the issue of FDI in multi-brand retail sector die down and vociferously raise it during the upcoming Budget session of Parliament, senior leader Yashwant Singh said on Thursday.
Delivering a lecture on `FDI and its Impact on Small Traders`, he said it is an "old tactics" of the government to reject opposition to FDI in multi-brand retail saying that we (opposition) wanted to do the same in our tenure.
"They did the same thing during the nuclear deal also. But they didn`t provide any document to support their claims," he said.
At economic front, he claimed, the UPA government`s performance has been a disaster. It is responsible for taking back the economy to 1991 state of financial instability, he alleged.
Sinha said BJP is not against FDI but it is also not in favour of bringing foreign investment indiscriminately, without calculating its advantages and disadvantages.
He said the UPA government wanted to shift the focus from its problems and therefore it diverted attention by bringing some economic reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured