`BJP will raise FDI in retail issue in Budget session`
New Delhi: BJP will not let the issue of FDI in multi-brand retail sector die down and vociferously raise it during the upcoming Budget session of Parliament, senior leader Yashwant Singh said on Thursday.
Delivering a lecture on `FDI and its Impact on Small Traders`, he said it is an "old tactics" of the government to reject opposition to FDI in multi-brand retail saying that we (opposition) wanted to do the same in our tenure.
"They did the same thing during the nuclear deal also. But they didn`t provide any document to support their claims," he said.
At economic front, he claimed, the UPA government`s performance has been a disaster. It is responsible for taking back the economy to 1991 state of financial instability, he alleged.
Sinha said BJP is not against FDI but it is also not in favour of bringing foreign investment indiscriminately, without calculating its advantages and disadvantages.
He said the UPA government wanted to shift the focus from its problems and therefore it diverted attention by bringing some economic reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report