`BJP will raise FDI in retail issue in Budget session`
New Delhi: BJP will not let the issue of FDI in multi-brand retail sector die down and vociferously raise it during the upcoming Budget session of Parliament, senior leader Yashwant Singh said on Thursday.
Delivering a lecture on `FDI and its Impact on Small Traders`, he said it is an "old tactics" of the government to reject opposition to FDI in multi-brand retail saying that we (opposition) wanted to do the same in our tenure.
"They did the same thing during the nuclear deal also. But they didn`t provide any document to support their claims," he said.
At economic front, he claimed, the UPA government`s performance has been a disaster. It is responsible for taking back the economy to 1991 state of financial instability, he alleged.
Sinha said BJP is not against FDI but it is also not in favour of bringing foreign investment indiscriminately, without calculating its advantages and disadvantages.
He said the UPA government wanted to shift the focus from its problems and therefore it diverted attention by bringing some economic reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks