`BJP will raise FDI in retail issue in Budget session`
New Delhi: BJP will not let the issue of FDI in multi-brand retail sector die down and vociferously raise it during the upcoming Budget session of Parliament, senior leader Yashwant Singh said on Thursday.
Delivering a lecture on `FDI and its Impact on Small Traders`, he said it is an "old tactics" of the government to reject opposition to FDI in multi-brand retail saying that we (opposition) wanted to do the same in our tenure.
"They did the same thing during the nuclear deal also. But they didn`t provide any document to support their claims," he said.
At economic front, he claimed, the UPA government`s performance has been a disaster. It is responsible for taking back the economy to 1991 state of financial instability, he alleged.
Sinha said BJP is not against FDI but it is also not in favour of bringing foreign investment indiscriminately, without calculating its advantages and disadvantages.
He said the UPA government wanted to shift the focus from its problems and therefore it diverted attention by bringing some economic reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown