BJP will seek forgiveness from Muslims: Rajnath Singh
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Apparently trying to reach out to Muslims ahead of the crucial General Elections, BJP chief Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said that his party will ask for forgiveness if it had ever committed any mistake in the past.
“If we have ever committed any mistake, I assure you that we will bow down and ask for forgiveness,” Rajnath Singh said.
The BJP chief was apparently referring to the 2002 communal riots in Gujarat, over which the party and the state`s Chief Minister and now its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has faced enough criticism.
Rajnath made these remarks while addressing `Narendra Modi`s Mission 272+ : Role of Muslims` summit in Delhi.
Coming down heavily on the Congress and other rival parties, Singh said, “Only one riot is talked about, that is the 2002 riots. Weren`t there riots in Gujarat before that when Hitendra Desai was CM?
Singh continued by saying, “Those who accepted the country`s division, in real sense they are communal not us.”
Singh said that the BJP was not against Muslims and the community should not go by the propaganda against it. He asked them to vote for BJP this time for the sake of the nation.
"Try us once. We don`t come up to your expectations, don`t look at us ever again," he said.
The BJP chief asked the Muslim community not to vote for electing a government but for a strong nation where brotherhood and humanity shall prevail.
The BJP chief concluded by saying, “We don`t do politics for the sake of attaining power, we do politics to build the nation.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'