BJP will stick to Hindutva agenda: Jaitley
Lucknow: BJP senior leader Arun Jaitley,
who has been under flak for party`s dismal performance in Lok
Sabha polls, on Saturday said the Saffron party will continue with
its `Hindutva" agenda as `no principled party changes ideology
on the basis of electoral fortunes.`
"Though the policies and programmes come in for
discussion whenever electoral results fall short of party`s
expectations, no political party changes its ideology on the
basis of its showing in electoral battles," Jaitley said at
the inaugural session of the state working committee.
The Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha asked party
workers to take to agitational means against the Centre and
BSP government in the state to emerge as an alternative to
both of them.
Criticising the politics adopted by the SP and BSP in
the state, Jaitley alleged that both were responsible for
criminalisation of politics and bad governance in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'