BJP will stick to Hindutva agenda: Jaitley
Lucknow: BJP senior leader Arun Jaitley,
who has been under flak for party`s dismal performance in Lok
Sabha polls, on Saturday said the Saffron party will continue with
its `Hindutva" agenda as `no principled party changes ideology
on the basis of electoral fortunes.`
"Though the policies and programmes come in for
discussion whenever electoral results fall short of party`s
expectations, no political party changes its ideology on the
basis of its showing in electoral battles," Jaitley said at
the inaugural session of the state working committee.
The Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha asked party
workers to take to agitational means against the Centre and
BSP government in the state to emerge as an alternative to
both of them.
Criticising the politics adopted by the SP and BSP in
the state, Jaitley alleged that both were responsible for
criminalisation of politics and bad governance in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre