BJP without Advani is unthinkable: Shatrughan Sinha
Patna: `Over ambition` of some BJP leaders has resulted in the resignation of party patriarch LK Advani and it would be difficult for many of them to work with the same ambition without its `architect`, actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha on Monday said.
"BJP without Advani is unthinkable today ... His resignation is a bolt from the blue for the party," Sinha, Lok Sabha member from Bihar, told PTI here.
Sinha, a known ardent supporter of Advani, did not attend the party`s Goa conclave citing health grounds.
He said `over ambition` of some BJP leaders has brought the party to this `sorry state` where a senior leader like Advani, who had taken BJP from a 2-MP party to 182-member party in Lok Sabha, has to quit.
"Some of the leaders who are shedding crockodile tears over Advani are responsible for pushing the party to ruin," he said adding it would be better if the things settle down once and for all by the same people who had precipitated the crisis.
He did not name anybody but said they could be identified easily.
"If things are not settled quickly, many more resignations will follow in the days to come and the party will be in deeper trouble," Sinha, who had served as cabinet minister in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government, said.
Describing Advani as `friend, philospher and guru`, Sinha said he would remain with him always. "To hurt him (Advani) like this at this stage of life is really heart breaking."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown