`BJP workers not ready to accept anyone apart from Narendra Modi`
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: A day after Sushil Modi tweeted that LK Advani, who is said to be opposed to Narendra Modi being named as party`s PM candidate for 2014 polls, had failed to gauge the mood of the BJP, the senior leader again reiterated on Thursday that the workers were not ready to accept anybody apart from Gujarat CM as their leader.
Talking to a news channel, Sushil Modi said that if one does not go with the public mood then it becomes very difficult to win elections. He also added that a PM or a CM candidate could not be imposed.
However, he also said that LK Advani was the tallest leader and mentor of the party. He added that if BJP could win 180 to 190 seats in the next Lok Sabha polls, then many fence sitters would support Narendra Modi.
Yesterday, he had tweeted: "Advaniji himself declared Atalji as PM candidate. Now also he could have done the same for Namo."
Even as the clamour is growing within the party to name Modi as the prime ministerial candidate for next General Elections, Advani is said to be vehemently opposed to the idea. Sushma Swaraj and Murli Manohar Joshi are also considered to be siding with the party patriarch. According to the so-called Advani camp, naming Modi should be postponed till the Assembly elections in couple of states this year, as that would work in favour of the Congress party.
Top RSS and BJP leaders have been meeting Advani to persuade him to come around. Party president Rajnath Singh met Advani yesterday and Sushma today. However, it is being reported that if the senior leader does not come around then Modi will be anyhow anointed the BJP`s PM candidate for 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31