BJP workers protest at Jantar Mantar, arrested
New Delhi: Scores of BJP activists led by party MP Navjot Singh Sidhu Wednesday courted arrest after a protest here demanding resignation of Delhi Chief Minister
The protestors assembled at Jantar Mantar and
demonstrated infront of Parliament Street where they raised
slogans against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Dikshit.
Along with Sidhu, Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta, senior
leaders Harsh Vardhan and Vani Tripati and some activists
courted arrest after an hour long protest.
Addressing the protestors, Sidhu alleged that the Prime
Minister was presiding over the most corrupt regime of the
"We have an honest Prime Minister who is silent about
corruption and presiding over the most corrupt government of
the country," Sidhu, who is party in-charge of Delhi, said.
The protestors were released after sometime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam