BJP workers protest outside Raj Babbar`s house over meal remark
Mumbai: Around 30 BJP activists were detained for allegedly protesting outside Congress spokesman Raj Babbar`s residence in suburban Juhu here on Friday over his controversial remark on meals being available for Rs 12, police said.
The BJP activists demonstrated outside Babbar`s residence on Gulmohar Road at JVPD scheme area, slamming the film actor-turned-politician for his recent remarks.
Babbar had said that a hearty meal in Mumbai can be bought for Rs 12, while his party colleague Rasheed Masood had claimed that a mere Rs 5 was sufficient for a meal in Delhi.
"All the BJP activists were brought to police station to avert any law and order problem. They were later let off," said Arun Bhagat, senior inspector at Juhu police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred