BJP workers send money orders of Rs 5, Rs 12 to Sonia, PM
Akola: Local BJP workers have launched a campaign mocking statements of Congress leaders that one can have hearty meals at Rs 12 in Mumbai and Rs 5 in Delhi.
Under the campaign spearheaded by local MLA Gowardhan Sharma, BJP workers today sent money orders of Re 1, Rs 5 and Rs 12 to Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The protest came against the backdrop of Congress spokesman Raj Babbar`s remark that it is possible to have a full meal for Rs. 12 in Mumbai and that of his colleague Rashid Masood that meals could be had for Rs. 5 in Delhi.
Though Babbar has already expressed regrets over his statement the Congress has distanced itself from Rashid`s view.
Sharma said that Congress made mockery of the poor by claiming that poverty had been reduced under the UPA rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan