BJP workers send money orders of Rs 5, Rs 12 to Sonia, PM
Akola: Local BJP workers have launched a campaign mocking statements of Congress leaders that one can have hearty meals at Rs 12 in Mumbai and Rs 5 in Delhi.
Under the campaign spearheaded by local MLA Gowardhan Sharma, BJP workers today sent money orders of Re 1, Rs 5 and Rs 12 to Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The protest came against the backdrop of Congress spokesman Raj Babbar`s remark that it is possible to have a full meal for Rs. 12 in Mumbai and that of his colleague Rashid Masood that meals could be had for Rs. 5 in Delhi.
Though Babbar has already expressed regrets over his statement the Congress has distanced itself from Rashid`s view.
Sharma said that Congress made mockery of the poor by claiming that poverty had been reduced under the UPA rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf