BJP workers send money orders of Rs 5, Rs 12 to Sonia, PM
Akola: Local BJP workers have launched a campaign mocking statements of Congress leaders that one can have hearty meals at Rs 12 in Mumbai and Rs 5 in Delhi.
Under the campaign spearheaded by local MLA Gowardhan Sharma, BJP workers today sent money orders of Re 1, Rs 5 and Rs 12 to Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The protest came against the backdrop of Congress spokesman Raj Babbar`s remark that it is possible to have a full meal for Rs. 12 in Mumbai and that of his colleague Rashid Masood that meals could be had for Rs. 5 in Delhi.
Though Babbar has already expressed regrets over his statement the Congress has distanced itself from Rashid`s view.
Sharma said that Congress made mockery of the poor by claiming that poverty had been reduced under the UPA rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest