BJP working as RSS `call centre` to market `product` Modi: Congress
Mumbai: Launching a scathing attack on BJP in light of its high-profile leaders visiting the RSS headquarters in Nagpur of late, Congress on Tuesday said the saffron party was working as a "call centre" of RSS to hardsell "product" Narendra Modi ahead of 2014 elections.
"Over the last few weeks, senior BJP leaders have been visiting the RSS headquarters in Nagpur at regular intervals for a performance review. Following which these leaders are engaged in operation praise Modi.
"This confirms that RSS is the `task master` of BJP`s `Modi Window 2014`, " AICC media cell member and state Congress spokesman Anant Gadgil told reporters here.
He was responding to a query on a string of BJP leaders, including LK Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, Rajnath Singh, among others, visiting RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat last week.
Accusing BJP of raking up the Ram mandir issue to drive a communal wedge to score political mileage, Gadgil said that BJP was playing a double game by trying to project the Gujarat chief minister as "secular" leader.
"At the same time, BJP president Rajnath Singh plays down the mandir issue after adverse reactions pouring in. BJP is playing a double game," Gadgil said.
Gadgil said that in its desperate bid to come to power and following realisation that the brand BJP has taken a beating, BJP is now resorted to market the individual leader in Narendra Modi as its "product".
"BJP has failed to come to power in Karnataka and Himachal Pradesh and also got exposed in Gujarat encounter case..Realising that BJP as a brand has failed, the party is now started to market product Modi as an individual," Gadgil said.
"In Karnataka, their (BJP`s) former chief minister and three former ministers were imprisoned. In Guajrat, their ministers are facing criminal charges. While in Madhya Pradesh, a senior minister had to quit following allegations of sexual misbehaviour. Now it has come to light that RSS books were purchased through government funds," Gadgil alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram