BJP would have won 314 seats, if LS polls took place now: Naidu
Mumbai: BJP would have fetched a thumping 314 seats on its own, 32 seats more than the number it won in the last General elections, if the polls were held at present, Union minister M Venkaiah Naidu said here on Tuesday.
"A latest opinion survey indicated that 57 per cent people voted Narendra Modi as the best Prime Minister. As per the survey, if elections were held now, BJP would have won 314 seats on its own, 32 seats more than the present number," a BJP statement quoted Naidu.
The Union Parliamentary Affairs minister was speaking at a meeting of state BJP media cell here this afternoon.
"Lok Sabha elections in 2014 is a landmark in the history of BJP and the country. It is because BJP got an absolute majority on its own in the Lok Sabha since its formation in 1980 and the country for the first time, gave an absolute majority to a non-Congress government," he said.
Naidu said the recently concluded Parliament session was a successful and constructive session with 104 per cent utilisation of time, 12 bills being passed, including, historic Judicial Appointment Commission Bill unanimously, and all other issues relating to public importance were discussed in depth.
He said that the BJP-led government in Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh have, over a period of about 15 years, consistently provided effective, pro-development and pro-people governance which helped the party to form government at the Centre.
"Within a short period of about three months, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has left a mark of his own by making it clear that governance should be taken seriously. Punctuality is being enforced in Delhi as it is important for timely delivery of entitlements of people," Naidu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?