BJP youth wing to target youths in rural areas
New Delhi: With an eye on upcoming polls, the youth wing of BJP has planed to target the rural and unskilled youth who are most affected by unemployment and inflation.
The decision was taken at the first National Executive meeting of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha which concluded here. The meeting also resolved to reach out to youths between the age group of 18 to 25 years across the country.
Focus of the meeting was corruption and inflation and the BJYM`s future plan of action to raise these issues on a national level.
Also on the agenda of the meet was the launch of a nation-wide BJYM membership program.
BJYM`s National President Anurag Singh Thakur asked the workers to work at ground level to take the party`s stand of "good governance" and "better opportunities" for youth to the masses.
BJP National General Secretary Murlidhar Rao and National Ogranisational Secretary Ram Lal also attended the meet.
It was decided that the role of BJYM will be streamlined and made more specific keeping in mind 2013 Assembly polls in five states and the 2014 Parliamentary elections in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Floods affect over 6 lakh in 14 Assam districts, toll rises to seven
- Congress lawmakers to quit if SC ruling on SYL canal goes against Punjab
- CPN (Maoist Centre) chairman Prachanda all set to become new Nepal PM
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video