BJP’s anti-graft protests against UPA-II on Nov 21
New Delhi: The principal opposition party, BJP, will hold nationwide anti-corruption protests against the Congress-led UPA government on November 2, reports said on Thursday.
According to reports, the parliamentary board of the saffron party will meet on November 20 to discuss UPA government’s decision to allow FDI in the retail sector.
During the meeting, BJP parliamentary board will chalk out a strategy for opposing FDI in retail in the coming Winter Session of Parliament.
"The BJP parliamentary board will meet on November 20 under the chairmanship of LK Advani in Delhi to finetune its strategy as to how to derail FDI in retail in Parliament during its Winter Session," senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters.
It will hold consultations with the NDA allies and other political parties opposed to FDI in retail to compel the UPA government to withdraw its decision to allow multi-national companies set up shops in the retail sector in the country, he added.
Asked about BJP`s stand on the notice served by the Left parties to seek discussion on the issue in Parliament under Rule 184 which entails voting, Naidu said his party did advocate such action but would take decision at an appropriate time.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow