BJP’s Anurag Thakur calls Sonia Gandhi a `witch` on Facebook
New Delhi: Adding some comments to the "India versus Bharat" debate ignited by a comment made by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) youth wing chief Anurag Thakur purportedly ended up indirectly referring to Congress president Sonia Gandhi as a dayan (witch).
According to India Today, Thakur, in a post on his official Facebook account, also made obscene remarks against a number of celebrities, including Mahesh Bhatt, Sherlyn Chopra, Sunny Leone and Poonam Pandey.
"The difference between India and Bharat is that India is the place where The Dirty Picture gets a national award. India is the place where Mahesh Bhatt talks about sex with his daughter. India is the place where Sherlyn Chopra gets her picture clicked for the cover of Playboy and says had my father been alive, he would have been extremely proud of me. India is the place where the media celebrates the birthday of a foreign porn star. India is the place where a woman like Poonam Pandey openly speaks about stripping herself naked," read the post.
The last line of the post read: "India is the place where the top leaders of the country are puppets in the hands of a (dayan) witch," referring to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Later, Thakur said that the Facebook account in question, on which the controversial comments were posted, was not his. He also denied making any such comment.
"I have made no comments on anyone. The newspaper which did this story, never, tried to find out if it is a fake account. They didn`t even bother to ask me. I have never commented on any woman or, on any individual. It is all false," he said.
"On my Facebook account, there isn`t anything like this. I think they should have asked me. Just to make a story, they have printed it. I have never said anything like that. I request the electronic and print media not to run any story that is false. I have never made any such comment in the past, nor will I make any such comments in the future," he added.
Notably, the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha chief is also the president of the Himachal Cricket Association and the son of former chief minister of Himachal Pradesh, Prem Kumar Dhumal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO