BJP’s decision to boycott Shinde `unfortunate`: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Friday night regretted BJP`s plans to boycott all public programmes of Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to protest against his Hindu terror remarks, saying the opposition party should not politicise the issue.
Party spokesman Rashid Alvi said Congress has already clarified that it was its firm belief that terrorism does not belong to any religion. "Terrorism is just terrorism," he said, adding Shinde himself too has clarified the matter.
He said that inspite of this, if BJP is planning such protest action it is "unfortunate".
“They should not politicise. This issue is sensitive. Terrorism is the cancer facing the country and entire nation should be one in facing it," he said.
The BJP took the decision in its first Core Group meeting after Rajnath Singh took over as party president on January 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’