BJP`s demand on Indo-Pak talks is what terrorists want: CPI
New Delhi: Condemning the terror strikes in the Jammu region, CPI on Thursday said BJP`s demand that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should call off his scheduled meeting with his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif in New York was "exactly what the terrorists want".
"Some parties are demanding that he should not meet Sharif. This is exactly what the terrorists want. They don`t want any talks between India and Pakistan. We should not succumb to such demands or be cowed down by terrorists," CPI National Secretary D Raja said here.
Condemning the attacks, he said, "These are part of a sinister design to scuttle the meeting between the two Prime Ministers."
Observing that military confrontation does not bring any solution as seen in the past Indo-Pak wars, he said both countries should engage in "a meaningful dialogue which must continue uninterrupted".
"There could be ups and downs in our relations, provocative attacks on the Line of Control, cross-border terror attacks. India has shown maturity by continuing the dialogue," Raja said.
He said the civilian government in Pakistan "should also realise this and not let terrorists use its soil to mount attack on India. It should act against terrorists."
The CPI leader said the upcoming talks between the two Prime Ministers should address the immediate concerns of the two sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him