BJP`s dig at Beni for his comments on Khurshid
New Delhi: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma`s comments on the charges against his cabinet colleague Salman Khurshid on Monday saw BJP taking potshots at him and asking him to concentrate on his ministry`s functioning instead of creating such gaffes.
"Beni Prasad Verma is another Digvijay Singh. He is not focussing on his ministry and is giving such statements," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain told reporters in reply to a question.
Hussain said Verma should focus on his work and not make such comments.
Asked about the charges against Khurshid, Verma had said "I don`t think a person like Khurshid will do anything for an amount like Rs 71 lakh. It is a very small amount for a central Minister. If it would have been Rs 71 crore, even I would have been serious."
BJP had often hit back at Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh for his attacks on the Opposition party and its leaders.
The main Opposition demanded an independent probe against Khurshid to bring out the truth.
"An independent probe should be held into the allegations and all those responsible should be punished," Hussain said.
"The government should answer the questions that are being asked. Adopting a negative attitude and launching an attack against the television channel which did the sting operation is wrong. We condemn this attitude of the Law Minister and the government," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security