BJP`s Hindutva a ploy to dupe unsuspecting Hindus: Digvijay
New Delhi: Attacking the “motivated Sanghi gang" and the BJP`s Hindutva as "a ploy to dupe unsuspecting Hindus", Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Tuesday said he is a practicing Hindu and "respects all religions".
In his blog, Singh said he has had the "rare privilege to be the most abused person on Social Media by the Sanghis and the paid professionals hired by Modi operating from Sanskar Dham in Manipur to Sanand near Ahmedabad".
The Congress general secretary, who is active on social media, said he has been called "Dogvijay Singh and some time Pigvijaya Singh" by the "Gang who would probably be younger than my grand children!"
Digvijay Singh said the "Sanghis" - referring to those who are from the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh - have been spreading "blatant lies" about him as having converted to Islam and Christianity. And for this, he blames the "sanskar (values) imbibed in them at the Sanskar Dham or at RSS Shakhas".
"I am a practicing Hindu," declares Digvijay Singh, adding that he was given "Diksha by His Holiness Jagadguru Shankaracharya of Dwarka and Joshi Math in 1983".
He said he prays regularly every day for half an hour.
The Congress leader said he has nine temples at his home at Raghogarh in Guna district, Madhya Pradesh, where daily puja is performed. He adds that he is the chairperson of a trust that runs a "Ved Pathshala" where over 80 students are taught the vedic rites free of cost.
He said he also fasts on every Ekadashi of the Hindu calendar besides conducting other rituals.
"Yet Sangh and BJP and their brigade call me anti Hindu!"
"A good Hindu would always respect all other religions unlike the Sangh Brigade," the Congress leader said.
Digvijay Singh said the Dwarka Shankaracharya "has been unable to explain the meaning of Hindutva which I believe was first used by Veer Savarkar, a staunch Arya Samaji who was vehemently against Sanatan Dharma (universal religion)".
He said people are welcome to visit his home to cross-check the facts.
"I know what I am saying is going to fall on deaf ears of the motivated `Sanghi Gang`, nevertheless it is my duty to put it on record what I believe in," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in