BJP`s Hindutva a ploy to dupe unsuspecting Hindus: Digvijay
New Delhi: Attacking the “motivated Sanghi gang" and the BJP`s Hindutva as "a ploy to dupe unsuspecting Hindus", Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Tuesday said he is a practicing Hindu and "respects all religions".
In his blog, Singh said he has had the "rare privilege to be the most abused person on Social Media by the Sanghis and the paid professionals hired by Modi operating from Sanskar Dham in Manipur to Sanand near Ahmedabad".
The Congress general secretary, who is active on social media, said he has been called "Dogvijay Singh and some time Pigvijaya Singh" by the "Gang who would probably be younger than my grand children!"
Digvijay Singh said the "Sanghis" - referring to those who are from the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh - have been spreading "blatant lies" about him as having converted to Islam and Christianity. And for this, he blames the "sanskar (values) imbibed in them at the Sanskar Dham or at RSS Shakhas".
"I am a practicing Hindu," declares Digvijay Singh, adding that he was given "Diksha by His Holiness Jagadguru Shankaracharya of Dwarka and Joshi Math in 1983".
He said he prays regularly every day for half an hour.
The Congress leader said he has nine temples at his home at Raghogarh in Guna district, Madhya Pradesh, where daily puja is performed. He adds that he is the chairperson of a trust that runs a "Ved Pathshala" where over 80 students are taught the vedic rites free of cost.
He said he also fasts on every Ekadashi of the Hindu calendar besides conducting other rituals.
"Yet Sangh and BJP and their brigade call me anti Hindu!"
"A good Hindu would always respect all other religions unlike the Sangh Brigade," the Congress leader said.
Digvijay Singh said the Dwarka Shankaracharya "has been unable to explain the meaning of Hindutva which I believe was first used by Veer Savarkar, a staunch Arya Samaji who was vehemently against Sanatan Dharma (universal religion)".
He said people are welcome to visit his home to cross-check the facts.
"I know what I am saying is going to fall on deaf ears of the motivated `Sanghi Gang`, nevertheless it is my duty to put it on record what I believe in," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list