BJP`s Muslim leaders are like Jaichand, Mir Jafar
Patna: Referring to Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) Muslim leaders as Jaichand and Mir Jafar, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) general secretary Tariq Anwar Friday said they enjoy no better position than the backstabbers in history.
"The Muslim leaders in the saffron party not only lack support of their community but are also playing the role of Jaichand and Mir Jafar for self political gains," Anwar said two days after BJP`s Shahnawaz Hussain claimed that his party was not "untouchable" for the Muslims.
Indian history has it that Mir Jafar, the ruler of Bengal, colluded with the British while Rajput ruler Jaichand betrayed his son-in-law Prithvi Raj Chauhan.
Anwar, a known face in Indian politics for over two decades, said over phone that BJP`s Muslim leaders were without any support base and a puppet in the hands of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
"They are being used by the saffron outfit to paint a different picture of the community, far from the truth," he said.
Anwar said the BJP was not only anathema for the Muslims but also "untouchable" for all forces having true faith in secularism and social amity in the country.
The leader, who hails from Bihar, said the BJP will taste this bitter ground-reality in the Bihar assembly polls in October-November.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain Wednesday claimed that Muslims no more treated the saffron party as political anathema.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know