BJP`s Naqvi condemns Beni Prasad Verma`s remarks
New Delhi: BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Monday condemned Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma`s remarks of being "happy" over rising food prices and accused the Centre of being hand-in-glove with the "inflation mafia".
"Only inflation mafia can be happy... The government is hand-in-glove with inflation mafia," Naqvi said here.
He observed that despite the controversy, the Congress has neither distanced itself from the remarks nor condemned them.
"Such a senior minister is saying that he is happy with rising prices," Naqvi said, adding that Verma had even tried to justify his remarks later.
Verma kicked up a controversy with remarks that he was "happy" over rising prices of food items as it will benefit farmers, evoking sharp criticism today from opposition parties and UPA supporter Samajwadi Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez