BJP`s Naqvi condemns Beni Prasad Verma`s remarks
New Delhi: BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Monday condemned Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma`s remarks of being "happy" over rising food prices and accused the Centre of being hand-in-glove with the "inflation mafia".
"Only inflation mafia can be happy... The government is hand-in-glove with inflation mafia," Naqvi said here.
He observed that despite the controversy, the Congress has neither distanced itself from the remarks nor condemned them.
"Such a senior minister is saying that he is happy with rising prices," Naqvi said, adding that Verma had even tried to justify his remarks later.
Verma kicked up a controversy with remarks that he was "happy" over rising prices of food items as it will benefit farmers, evoking sharp criticism today from opposition parties and UPA supporter Samajwadi Party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference