BJP`s obsession with Modi prompted JD(U) to sever ties: GPP
Ahmedabad: Reacting to JD(U) walking out of the NDA fold, the BJP rebel Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) on Sunday said the saffron party`s "obsession" with Narendra Modi has created this situation which marks the beginning of its downfall and further isolation of the NDA dispensation.
"JD(U) has decided to break the alliance with BJP in Bihar and that`s a clear sign for BJP that its downfall at national level has begun," GPP General Secretary Gordhan Zadafia told PTI.
He was reacting to the JD(U) severing its 17-year-old alliance with BJP, apparently over elevation of the Gujarat Chief Minister as the head of the BJP`s poll campaign committee, which it perceived as the precursor to Modi`s projection as the prime ministerial candidate.
"Nitish Kumar expressed his unhappiness when BJP anointed Narendra Modi as the head of the party`s campaign committee but BJP, in its arrogance, did not care," he said.
Zadafia said the development has severely dented not only BJP but the NDA dispensation also.
"This is a big damage not only to BJP but to NDA also and it has been caused because of Narendra Modi. He seems to be overconfident that he alone can get clear majority to BJP and that has put a big question mark on the future of BJP," he added.
Zadafia alleged that BJP`s obsession with Modi has shrunken NDA to mere three parties, including BJP, in stark contrast to 23 parties when former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was at the helm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka