BJP`s PM candidate from eight leaders: Naqvi
Agartala: Any of eight leaders in the BJP, including Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, could be the prime ministerial candidate, party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said on Monday.
"The parliamentary board will choose one from among the eight top leaders at an appropriate time as the prime ministerial candidate," the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) vice president told reporters.
He said there was no confusion or disagreement within the BJP on this issue.
After releasing the BJP manifesto for the February 14 Tripura elections, Naqvi said at least eight important political parties would soon join the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
Refusing to disclose their names, he said some of them were earlier BJP allies.
"Manmohan Singh is a Prime Minister on deputation with remote control in Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi`s hands," Naqvi said.
He added: "Our rivals portray the BJP as a Hindutva party although ours is a nationalistic party.”
"Even though several northeastern states are Christian-dominated states, the BJP`s aim is to develop each part of the region."
The BJP has fielded several candidates in all three northeastern states which will see elections this month: Tripura, Nagaland and Meghalaya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India