BJP`s pressure forced CBI enquiries on scams: Sinha
Giridih (Jharkhand): BJP leader Yashwant Sinha Tuesday claimed that it was because of them that the Manmohan Singh government was forced to engage the CBI to enquire into a host of scams.
"It is for the BJP`s pressure on the central government that CBI is investigating various scams and not because of the prime minister," Sinha said at a party rally here.
"Never in the history of the independent country so many scams had hit the nation as witnessed during the last eight years. The economic system has weakened following the scams," alleged the former finance minister.
Later, replying to a media query on the BJP`s stand on the Centre`s decision to give promotions to SC/ST, Sinha said the party would discuss it and would deal with as and when it would come in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof