BJP`s pressure forced CBI enquiries on scams: Sinha
Giridih (Jharkhand): BJP leader Yashwant Sinha Tuesday claimed that it was because of them that the Manmohan Singh government was forced to engage the CBI to enquire into a host of scams.
"It is for the BJP`s pressure on the central government that CBI is investigating various scams and not because of the prime minister," Sinha said at a party rally here.
"Never in the history of the independent country so many scams had hit the nation as witnessed during the last eight years. The economic system has weakened following the scams," alleged the former finance minister.
Later, replying to a media query on the BJP`s stand on the Centre`s decision to give promotions to SC/ST, Sinha said the party would discuss it and would deal with as and when it would come in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015