‘BJP`s pressure forced CBI enquiries on scams’
Giridih (Jharkhand): BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Tuesday claimed that it was because of them that the Manmohan Singh government was forced to engage the CBI to enquire into a host of scams.
"It is for the BJP`s pressure on the central government that CBI is investigating various scams and not because of the prime minister," Sinha said at a party rally here.
"Never in the history of the independent country so many scams had hit the nation as witnessed during the last eight years. The economic system has weakened following the scams," alleged the former finance minister.
Later, replying to a media query on the BJP`s stand on the Centre`s decision to give promotions to SC/ST, Sinha said the party would discuss it and would deal with as and when it would come in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday