‘BJP`s pressure forced CBI enquiries on scams’
Giridih (Jharkhand): BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Tuesday claimed that it was because of them that the Manmohan Singh government was forced to engage the CBI to enquire into a host of scams.
"It is for the BJP`s pressure on the central government that CBI is investigating various scams and not because of the prime minister," Sinha said at a party rally here.
"Never in the history of the independent country so many scams had hit the nation as witnessed during the last eight years. The economic system has weakened following the scams," alleged the former finance minister.
Later, replying to a media query on the BJP`s stand on the Centre`s decision to give promotions to SC/ST, Sinha said the party would discuss it and would deal with as and when it would come in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!