‘BJP`s pressure forced CBI enquiries on scams’
Giridih (Jharkhand): BJP leader Yashwant Sinha on Tuesday claimed that it was because of them that the Manmohan Singh government was forced to engage the CBI to enquire into a host of scams.
"It is for the BJP`s pressure on the central government that CBI is investigating various scams and not because of the prime minister," Sinha said at a party rally here.
"Never in the history of the independent country so many scams had hit the nation as witnessed during the last eight years. The economic system has weakened following the scams," alleged the former finance minister.
Later, replying to a media query on the BJP`s stand on the Centre`s decision to give promotions to SC/ST, Sinha said the party would discuss it and would deal with as and when it would come in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown