BJYM gives nationwide protest call, to burn `govt effigies`
Chandigarh: Terming the leak of Liberhan
report on Babri Masjid demolition a "conspiracy" against BJP,
the party`s youth wing on Saturday gave a call for week-long
protests from November 30, during which it will burn the
effigies of UPA government across the country.
Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha president Amit Thaker issued
a statement here giving the protest call.
He alleged that the issue has been "politicised" by the
Congress-led government, which has "not only brought to fore
their unethical political mindset but has also resulted in
hurting the sentiments of millions of Hindus".
The copies of Liberhan Commission report were either with
Home Minister P Chidambaram or with Justice M S Liberhan
himself, Thaker said adding, "Justice Liberhan has plainly
refused leaking any part of report, which clearly shows that
the report was leaked by Chidambaram himself as part of a
well-charted conspiracy against the BJP."
Seeking Chidambaram`s resignation for his alleged failure
to maintain the secrecy of report, Thaker asked, "Why the
report has suddenly jumped out of closets when Jharkhand polls
are just round the corner?"
He said it is "shocking" that the report is "tight-lipped
on the role of the head of the then union government, Narishma
Rao, while it has indicted former Prime Minister Atal Bihari
Vajpayee without even serving him summons."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'