BJYM gives nationwide protest call, to burn `govt effigies`
Chandigarh: Terming the leak of Liberhan
report on Babri Masjid demolition a "conspiracy" against BJP,
the party`s youth wing on Saturday gave a call for week-long
protests from November 30, during which it will burn the
effigies of UPA government across the country.
Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha president Amit Thaker issued
a statement here giving the protest call.
He alleged that the issue has been "politicised" by the
Congress-led government, which has "not only brought to fore
their unethical political mindset but has also resulted in
hurting the sentiments of millions of Hindus".
The copies of Liberhan Commission report were either with
Home Minister P Chidambaram or with Justice M S Liberhan
himself, Thaker said adding, "Justice Liberhan has plainly
refused leaking any part of report, which clearly shows that
the report was leaked by Chidambaram himself as part of a
well-charted conspiracy against the BJP."
Seeking Chidambaram`s resignation for his alleged failure
to maintain the secrecy of report, Thaker asked, "Why the
report has suddenly jumped out of closets when Jharkhand polls
are just round the corner?"
He said it is "shocking" that the report is "tight-lipped
on the role of the head of the then union government, Narishma
Rao, while it has indicted former Prime Minister Atal Bihari
Vajpayee without even serving him summons."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results LIVE: BJP registers emphatic win; PM Narendra Modi says it's a great start to 2017
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17