BJYM to move SC against Centre, J&K govt
Patna: Flaying the Centre and Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh for deployment of force in J&K to foil its
`Tiranga Yatra`, BJYM on Sunday said it would move Supreme Court
against insult to the national flag by that state`s police for
allegedly snatching and tearing it at several places.
"We have decided to knock the door of the Supreme Court
seeking stern action against the Centre, J&K government and
others for allowing the national tricolour to be insulted
during our Tiranga Yatra," BJYM national general secretary
Nitin Navin told reporters here.
The BJP youth wing petition will also include police
atrocities against its activities, burning of its woman cadre
Sheikh Hasina and the J&K police`s alleged use of force to
prevent citizens from unfurling the national flag on Republic
Day, he said.
Criticising the Centre for arresting top BJP leaders
during their march to Srinagar ahead of Republic Day, Navin
said the prime minister to explain whether it was justified to
prevent a national from unfurling the national flag in one`s
``The Centre must atone for its actions aimed at foiling
the Tiranga Yatra and take strong measures against the cops
who assaulted the BJYM workers and tore the national flag
after snatching it from their hands,`` he said.
He said despite the clampdown by the local authorities
BJP youth workers had succeeded in unfurling the national flag
at several places in Lal Chowk in Srinagar on Republic Day.
``BJYM workers also succeeded in arousing the
nationalistic sentiment of the masses on the right to hoist
the national flag in the prevailing political situation in
Jammu and Kashmir,`` he claimed.
The Yatra had also succeeded in apprising the country of
the Centre`s soft handling of the law and order situation in
J&K at a time when it and the Omar Abdullah government was
trying to keep under wraps the volatile situation in the
state, Navin said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head