Black flags should be shown to BJP: Congress
New Delhi: The Prime Minister being shown black flags by Anna Hazare`s supporters in Amritsar was an "unfortunate incident", the Congress said on Sunday, adding that people should protest against the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for stalling the Lokpal Bill in the Rajya Sabha.
"It is an unfortunate incident. People should show black flags to BJP for they did not let the Lokpal bill pass through the Rajya Sabha," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi said.
He said the bill was passed in the Lok Sabha as the Congress was in a majority in the lower house, but that was not the case in the Rajya Sabha.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur visited Golden Temple early Sunday to usher in the New Year. He was shown black flags by activist Anna Hazare`s supporters as he came out of the Sikh shrine.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended