Black flags should be shown to BJP: Congress
New Delhi: The Prime Minister being shown black flags by Anna Hazare`s supporters in Amritsar was an "unfortunate incident", the Congress said on Sunday, adding that people should protest against the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for stalling the Lokpal Bill in the Rajya Sabha.
"It is an unfortunate incident. People should show black flags to BJP for they did not let the Lokpal bill pass through the Rajya Sabha," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi said.
He said the bill was passed in the Lok Sabha as the Congress was in a majority in the lower house, but that was not the case in the Rajya Sabha.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur visited Golden Temple early Sunday to usher in the New Year. He was shown black flags by activist Anna Hazare`s supporters as he came out of the Sikh shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister