Black flags should be shown to BJP: Congress
New Delhi: The Prime Minister being shown black flags by Anna Hazare`s supporters in Amritsar was an "unfortunate incident", the Congress said on Sunday, adding that people should protest against the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for stalling the Lokpal Bill in the Rajya Sabha.
"It is an unfortunate incident. People should show black flags to BJP for they did not let the Lokpal bill pass through the Rajya Sabha," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi said.
He said the bill was passed in the Lok Sabha as the Congress was in a majority in the lower house, but that was not the case in the Rajya Sabha.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur visited Golden Temple early Sunday to usher in the New Year. He was shown black flags by activist Anna Hazare`s supporters as he came out of the Sikh shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'