Black flags should be shown to BJP: Congress
New Delhi: The Prime Minister being shown black flags by Anna Hazare`s supporters in Amritsar was an "unfortunate incident", the Congress said on Sunday, adding that people should protest against the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for stalling the Lokpal Bill in the Rajya Sabha.
"It is an unfortunate incident. People should show black flags to BJP for they did not let the Lokpal bill pass through the Rajya Sabha," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi said.
He said the bill was passed in the Lok Sabha as the Congress was in a majority in the lower house, but that was not the case in the Rajya Sabha.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur visited Golden Temple early Sunday to usher in the New Year. He was shown black flags by activist Anna Hazare`s supporters as he came out of the Sikh shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!