Black flags to PM not at our behest: Team Anna
New Delhi: Team Anna on Sunday denied involvement of its members in showing black flags to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during his visit to the Golden Temple in Amritsar and said it was the people`s own reaction.
"I don`t think it was done at the behest of Team Anna but it is reflection of what people feel and think," Team Anna member Shazia Ilmi said.
"I guess this is the result of people`s mood as they want a stringent anti-corruption law and this is being not done," she said.
Ilmi said the Prime Minister, Cabinet ministers and leaders of political parties would have to face such situations in future too.
"He is the Prime Minister of the country and wherever he will go people will ask him questions... They trust him in leading the nation and the Jan Lokpal Bill is on the people`s mind and has captured their imagination," she said.
She said Team Anna would meet in future to discuss and re-strategise the road ahead.
The Prime Minister along with wife Gursharan Kaur visited Golden Temple early on Sunday. He was shown black flags by anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare`s supporters as he came out of the Sikh shrine after offering prayers on the first day of the new year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack