Black flags to PM not at our behest: Team Anna
New Delhi: Team Anna on Sunday denied involvement of its members in showing black flags to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during his visit to the Golden Temple in Amritsar and said it was the people`s own reaction.
"I don`t think it was done at the behest of Team Anna but it is reflection of what people feel and think," Team Anna member Shazia Ilmi said.
"I guess this is the result of people`s mood as they want a stringent anti-corruption law and this is being not done," she said.
Ilmi said the Prime Minister, Cabinet ministers and leaders of political parties would have to face such situations in future too.
"He is the Prime Minister of the country and wherever he will go people will ask him questions... They trust him in leading the nation and the Jan Lokpal Bill is on the people`s mind and has captured their imagination," she said.
She said Team Anna would meet in future to discuss and re-strategise the road ahead.
The Prime Minister along with wife Gursharan Kaur visited Golden Temple early on Sunday. He was shown black flags by anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare`s supporters as he came out of the Sikh shrine after offering prayers on the first day of the new year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!