Black flags to PM not at our behest: Team Anna
New Delhi: Team Anna on Sunday denied involvement of its members in showing black flags to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during his visit to the Golden Temple in Amritsar and said it was the people`s own reaction.
"I don`t think it was done at the behest of Team Anna but it is reflection of what people feel and think," Team Anna member Shazia Ilmi said.
"I guess this is the result of people`s mood as they want a stringent anti-corruption law and this is being not done," she said.
Ilmi said the Prime Minister, Cabinet ministers and leaders of political parties would have to face such situations in future too.
"He is the Prime Minister of the country and wherever he will go people will ask him questions... They trust him in leading the nation and the Jan Lokpal Bill is on the people`s mind and has captured their imagination," she said.
She said Team Anna would meet in future to discuss and re-strategise the road ahead.
The Prime Minister along with wife Gursharan Kaur visited Golden Temple early on Sunday. He was shown black flags by anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare`s supporters as he came out of the Sikh shrine after offering prayers on the first day of the new year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray