Black money: India to sign pacts with 42 nations
Dehra Dun: After signing agreements with 48
countries, India will shortly ink pacts with 42 more nations
to bring back black money stashed abroad, Union minister of
State for Parliamentary Affairs Harish Rawat said on Saturday.
Once these agreements are signed, India will be in a
position to bring back black money stashed in different banks
abroad, he told reporters here.
On BJP leader LK Advani’s claim that Rs 25 lakh crore
were stashed abroad as black money, he said the exact amount
is not yet known.
"The BJP is an expert on the matter. It is because of
this expertise that its leaders can make an assessment of the
black money," Rawat said.
He pointed out India has already signed agreements with
48 nations to bring back black money.
These countries include Switzerland and Germany, the
India will sign similar agreements with 42 more nations,
including Spain, he said.
On BJP leader LK Advani`s criticism of the UPA
dispensation on the black money issue, Rawat asked the former
Deputy Prime Minister what steps the then NDA government took
to bring back the money.
"The NDA was in power for nearly six years," he said.
On the Lokpal Bill, Rawat said the UPA government is
committed to bringing the bill in the upcoming winter session
"We have incorporated suggestions from Anna Hazare,
Aruna Roy and others in the bill.
"It will be a model bill which can be replicated as
Lokayukta in states," he said.
Asked to comment on Uttarakhand?s Lokayukta Bill which
has earned praise from Hazare, Rawat said there are several
shortcomings as the Bill did not allow initiation of action
till all the members agree.
"If Chief Minister B C Khanduri is really serious in
fighting corruption, he must file an FIR and take action
against the former Chief Minister and other ministers who are
involved in the Maha Kumbh scam," he said.
Rawat said the UPA government will bring some nine more
bills in the coming session of Parliament which are on money
laundering, benami property and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check