Black money: India to sign pacts with 42 nations
Dehra Dun: After signing agreements with 48
countries, India will shortly ink pacts with 42 more nations
to bring back black money stashed abroad, Union minister of
State for Parliamentary Affairs Harish Rawat said on Saturday.
Once these agreements are signed, India will be in a
position to bring back black money stashed in different banks
abroad, he told reporters here.
On BJP leader LK Advani’s claim that Rs 25 lakh crore
were stashed abroad as black money, he said the exact amount
is not yet known.
"The BJP is an expert on the matter. It is because of
this expertise that its leaders can make an assessment of the
black money," Rawat said.
He pointed out India has already signed agreements with
48 nations to bring back black money.
These countries include Switzerland and Germany, the
India will sign similar agreements with 42 more nations,
including Spain, he said.
On BJP leader LK Advani`s criticism of the UPA
dispensation on the black money issue, Rawat asked the former
Deputy Prime Minister what steps the then NDA government took
to bring back the money.
"The NDA was in power for nearly six years," he said.
On the Lokpal Bill, Rawat said the UPA government is
committed to bringing the bill in the upcoming winter session
"We have incorporated suggestions from Anna Hazare,
Aruna Roy and others in the bill.
"It will be a model bill which can be replicated as
Lokayukta in states," he said.
Asked to comment on Uttarakhand?s Lokayukta Bill which
has earned praise from Hazare, Rawat said there are several
shortcomings as the Bill did not allow initiation of action
till all the members agree.
"If Chief Minister B C Khanduri is really serious in
fighting corruption, he must file an FIR and take action
against the former Chief Minister and other ministers who are
involved in the Maha Kumbh scam," he said.
Rawat said the UPA government will bring some nine more
bills in the coming session of Parliament which are on money
laundering, benami property and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside