Blackmoney: ED man suspended for allegedly seeking favours from Tapuriah
Mumbai: A Mumbai-based officer of the
Enforcement Directorate(ED) probing the high-profile Hasan Ali
case has been suspended after he was allegedly found to be
seeking favours from the suspected money launderer`s
associate Kashinath Tapuriah.
Sources said today that an Assistant Enforcement
Officer (AEO) has been issued suspension orders by Director of
the ED after a e-mail purportedly sent by him to Tapuriah
asking for favours for transfer was tracked.
The ED headquarters in Delhi has taken a serious note
of the issue and a senior officer is probing the issue, they
The probe in the huge money laundering and tax evasion
case against Hasan Ali Khan and his associates is being
carried out by the ED zonal office here while the ED chief is
himself overseeing the day-to-day progress in the
Tapuriah is presently under judicial custody in
connection with the case and he is also accused of evading tax
to the tune of several crores of rupees.
Sources said the officer has been asked for an
explanation as he sent the purported e-mail to Tapuriah
allegedly asking for favours a few months back and it was
tracked after the investigations into the case were stepped up
following directions from the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand