Blackmoney: ‘SC intervention shows no governance’
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday wondered whether the
UPA government had something to "hide" on the issue of black
money and said the Supreme Court`s decision to set up a SIT to
probe the matter proved that governance under the UPA had come
to an "end".
The party said prior to its intervention over the
black money issue, the apex court has stepped in on several
occasions in the past to set right things which the government
has failed to resolve.
BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy claimed that
correspondence between then Telecom Minister A Raja and the
PMO and then Sports Minister Mani Shankar Aiyar and the Prime
Minister on the issue of 2G spectrum allocation and
Commonwealth Games respectively indicate that officials at the
PMO were aware of the goings on.
"A Raja had claimed that he had kept the PMO in loop
of the decisions. Similar facts have come to light on
CWG...for how long can we keep the Prime Minister free from
such allegations," he said.
He recalled the SC had to intervene on the issue of 2G
spectrum allocation scam, Commonwealth Games, appointment of
CVC and rotting foodgrain in FCI godowns.
Alleging that the government was trying to "delay" the
process involved in bringing back Indian black money stashed
abroad, Rudy questioned the reason behind such a move.
"Is it that the government is trying to hide
facts...it makes the entire government a suspect," he said
adding that the Constitution "is in distress...it attests the
fact that governance has come to an end in UPA regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat
- Subramanian Swamy's lecture on 'Emergency' cancelled
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch