Blackmoney: Tapuriah`s anticipatory bail rejected
Mumbai: The Sessions Court on Thursday refused
anticipatory bail to Kolkata-based industrialist Kashinath
Tapuriah who had approached the court in connection with a
production warrant issued by a Jharkhand court.
The court while refusing the anticipatory bail observed
that there was no need for such an application as he was
already in judicial custody in a money laundering case.
Tapuriah is a co-accused with Pune Stud farm owner Hasan
Ali Khan in the money laundering case.
"The court observed that he is already in judicial
custody and if he gets bail (in the money laundering case)
then he may make a fresh anticipatory bail application," said
chief public prosecutor Kalpana Chavan.
The Jharkhand court issued a warrant against Tapuriah
following a complaint that he had not deposited provident fund
amount of his employees in time.
The Enforcement Directorate alleged that Khan and
Tapuriah had laundered billions of dollars in foreign banks,
of which, a large chunk was obtained by Khan through the sale
of weapons to international arms dealer, Adnan Khashoggi.
Tapuriah had also helped Khan in getting some contracts
for supply of scrap to some top steel companies.
Hasan Ali is facing the charge of stashing away billions
of dollars in foreign banks with the help of Tapuriah. He is
also facing close to Rs 70,000 crore tax demand notice from
the Income Tax department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam