Blackmoney: Tapuriah`s anticipatory bail rejected
Mumbai: The Sessions Court on Thursday refused
anticipatory bail to Kolkata-based industrialist Kashinath
Tapuriah who had approached the court in connection with a
production warrant issued by a Jharkhand court.
The court while refusing the anticipatory bail observed
that there was no need for such an application as he was
already in judicial custody in a money laundering case.
Tapuriah is a co-accused with Pune Stud farm owner Hasan
Ali Khan in the money laundering case.
"The court observed that he is already in judicial
custody and if he gets bail (in the money laundering case)
then he may make a fresh anticipatory bail application," said
chief public prosecutor Kalpana Chavan.
The Jharkhand court issued a warrant against Tapuriah
following a complaint that he had not deposited provident fund
amount of his employees in time.
The Enforcement Directorate alleged that Khan and
Tapuriah had laundered billions of dollars in foreign banks,
of which, a large chunk was obtained by Khan through the sale
of weapons to international arms dealer, Adnan Khashoggi.
Tapuriah had also helped Khan in getting some contracts
for supply of scrap to some top steel companies.
Hasan Ali is facing the charge of stashing away billions
of dollars in foreign banks with the help of Tapuriah. He is
also facing close to Rs 70,000 crore tax demand notice from
the Income Tax department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!