Blaming Narasimha Rao in Anderson`s exit unfortunate: Naidu
Hyderabad: BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday
said the party would raise in Parliament the Bhopal gas issue
and added it was wrong to pin the blame of UCC CEO Warren
Anderson`s exit from India on then home minister late P V
"The party would raise the issue in Parliament and if
necessary, it would insist to amend the act for providing
adequate compensations to victims and to increase quantum of
punishment to the accused," Naidu told reporters during an
"It is unfortunate and meaningless," Naidu said when
asked to react to reports that Rao was instrumental in
granting safe passage to the Union Carbide CEO.
"It is totally unjustified and incorrect to blame late P
V Narasimha Rao, as it could not have happened without the
permission of the head of the government," he said.
Congress party owed an apology to the country for
allowing Anderson get away when thousands of people died and
several others were maimed in the gas tragedy, the BJP leader
Naidu, after being elected to Rajya Sabha from Karnataka,
was felicitated by party workers and leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in