Blast arrest: Ulema says arrested is innocent, flays Cong
Azamgarh (UP): A top Muslim body on Tuesday claimed
that Shahzad arrested over his alleged involvement in the 2008
bomb blasts in New Delhi, was falsely implicated in the terror
case and alleged that there was a political conspiracy behind
"Shahzad, who is arrested over the serial blasts in Delhi
and Batla house encounter, is an innocent youth and is being
falsely implicated," Ulema Council`s national general
secretary Maulana Tahir Madni told reporters here.
He said there were doubts about the Batla house encounter
with which Shahzad was allegedly being associated with. There
were also demands for a judicial enquiry into it.
Shahzad alias Pappu was arrested by UP Anti Terror Squad
Madni alleged that it was a conspiracy on the part of the
Congress party. "As assembly elections are nearing, (AICC
general secretary) Digvijay Singh and (PCC president) Reeta
Joshi have now started talking of Azamgarh. It is nothing
more than pseudo politics."
"If he was such a big terrorist, why was he living at
his house," he wondered.
Threatening that the body would oppose Singh`s visit here
tomorrow, he said "If he wants to come to Azamgarh, first they
(government) should get a judicial enquiry ordered into this
Shahzad`s mother Parveen too alleged that he was falsely
implicated. "He had applied for pilot training course. If he
would have been wrong, why should have he stayed at home?"
Meanwhile, in Lucknow ADG (law and order) Brij Lal said
though Shahzad took Rs one lakh from his father for admission
in flying course, he never got training.
"He spent the money on himself," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’