Blasts in Bodh Gaya `a cowardly act`, says Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: Condemning the serial blasts at Mahabodhi temple in Bihar as a "cowardly" act, Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Sunday expressed hope that the guilty will be brought to book at the earliest.
Gandhi said the attack on the sanctum sanctorum of peace was unfortunate.
"Congress President Sonia Gandhi has condemned the attack at Mahabodhi temple in Bodh Gaya. Terming the incident as cowardly, she said that an attack on the sanctum sanctorum of peace was unfortunate to say the least. She expressed hope that the guilty will be brought to book at the earliest," the AICC said.
Congress General Secretary and communication department in-charge Ajay Maken earlier said, "We condemn this horrific incident in Bodh Gaya. I urge the state government and other agencies to bring the guilty to justice as soon as possible. We also wish speedy recovery to all the injured."
Terror struck one of the holiest Buddhist shrines, the Mahabodhi Temple, and other places in Bihar`s pilgrimage town of Bodh Gaya early today, with suspected Indian Mujahideen operatives simultaneously triggering nine low intensity bombs leaving two monks injured.
A five-member NIA team comprising a DIG and two SPs has reached there by a special plane from New Delhi and began their probe at the temple complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel