Blasts were conspired to kill Modi, alleges Dhumal
Dalhousie: Former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal on Tuesday alleged that serial bomb blasts near BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s Sunday rally venue in Patna, was a "conspiracy to eliminate the leader".
Dhumal blasted the Bihar government for its laxity in making adequate security arrangements for Modi`s rally in Patna and said that the entire country was protesting against the Nitish government and the UPA government at the Centre.
"It`s a serious matter and a stigma on Bihar and the Central government and did not augur well for our democratic polity," he said.
Dhumal said that the Congress was unnerved with Modi`s growing popularity and that was why there were glaring loopholes in the Gujarat Chief Minister`s security.
Refuting charges of Congress leaders that the benami land deals in Himachal Pradesh had been executed during the BJP regime, Dhumal asserted that 1649 persons were granted permission to purchase lands during his party`s rule whereas the present Congress government had accorded permission to 2398 outsiders.
Talking about the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association`s land scam, Dhumal alleged that the Congress had not only failed to promote sports in the state but it was also trying to destroy the infrastructure raised during the BJP rule.
He also criticised that the Congress government for failing to release 10 per cent Dearness Allowance to its employees and its role to provide employment to youths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan